Custom Search

Friday, March 19, 2010

Oklahoma MoonDawgs

Since I started this blog today, a month after I started the team I will try to catch up.

After I got the Idea to start the team and had a few friends interested I had to 1. Find out cost and 2. Find about 10 more people to play. I found out the cost and found out Hockey was damn expensive. So Expensive ,we had to fundraise just to get some of the people to be able to play. I turned to friends and family to help out and they did. I guess a big thank you goes to my friends at Calgarypuck.com who not only bought some of the fundraiser stuff but also donated equipment to help us out. Its funny how a group of people who for the most part don't know each other can come together to help a fellow Flames fan and fellow hockey lover. The guys who donated , and those who just gave well wishes to the new team, are the epitome of Hockey enthusiasts. All of them love the sport and helped out just to see the sport they love grow. The people at CalgaryPuck.com are great people ( well most of them). I pretty much garnered all the hockey knowledge I have from them over the last few years. Thanks again guys.

Anyway it took me about 3 weeks to find a team of 15 skaters and a goalie. A lot of interested people contacted but getting people to commit , whom you can get along with is difficult especially when money is involved. However I have finally got a team and we are called the Oklahoma MoonDawgs. They are a great group of guys and they share not only my passion of hockey but also the drive to not only play but to improve ourselves.
We have been skating and going to Stick and Puck sessions 2 -3 times a week. I have seen a drastic improvement in everyone from skating to shooting everyone is moving in the right direction and they are having fun doing it. We obviously are all for the most part very green and new but we can do nothing but continue to get better from here.

If this blog accomplishes only one thing, I hope it serves as motivation for other people sitting on the fence deciding if they wanna play to get out there and do it. You can never be a hockey player if you don't get out and play hockey. One think I have learned There are tons of people just like you and me who are scared, embarrassed , or just just beginning and want to play. They just need a push out into the deep end, I hope this yours!!! Hit the Ice!

Tonight is a big night for us. Most of us are going to see our first game speed action. We are having an inter-squad plus a few friends scrimmage. It should be interesting. My wife should be there to get Video and Pictures so everyone can have a good laugh. Hopefully tomorrow I can post them here along with introducing you to the guys on the team.

Btw here is a rendering of our jerseys.

No comments:

Post a Comment