Custom Search

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Another Friday Night , Another great Practice... Season opener countdown T-8 days!

This practice we worked more on drills , faceoffs, and actual positioning . We learned where our position was actually supposed to be instead of just winging it like we had been doing. I feel everyone learned  alot and everyone if progressing very well. We actually look better than the Mighty ducks before the met coach Gordon Bombay. HAHA!!!  I think we will be ok, however we arent cup winners just yet!!!

On a personal note my advice to people just beginning is to make sure you get the right size of skate. I have been skating on skates that are a size too big. Its really taken its toll on my ankles, my foot fatigue, and my balance. My mother in law bought them for me because my shoe was a size 12. I actually need closer to an 11 but I enjoy the room in the tennis shoes. I do not enjoy the extra room in my skates!!! So go get fitted for your skates when you buy them.

Ok since this is becoming a popular segment here it goes.
Highlights of Last night:
1. Kyle has a canon from the point. He unleashes a slapper and my boy Topher stands right in front of it. It hits him in the gut in between his chest protector and his pant pads. It left a HUGE bruise and welt. Major props for that. ( the first video I uploaded was Kyle's shot and me thinking of blocking or catching it. I just decided to wave my stick at it HA! )
2. Mike got a new nickname and its the Furher. He is from Germany and he plays physical. Its his Lacrosse background coming out!! I like a little bit of the hitting so i enjoyed running him into the boards . I also enjoyed him tying my stick up where I couldnt do anything so I got free and gave him some shin slashes HAHA!!! Good work last night Furher!
3. Last but not Least... Evan finally dropped the gloves at the end of practice. Baker and Evan went round and round . Baker pulled Evan's jersey off but pulled it to far and Evan got free and won the Descision. No not real punches but it was fun to watch. I have video of it and it will be uploaded in the next couple of days.

Oh and not really a practice highlight but my Flames played , beat, and tied the Avs lat night for the 8th and final playoff spot!  4 more wins boys! Go! Flames GO!


Finally, I am really excited about the season. The greatest part about this group of guys is we all get along and share a passion for playing and learning to play. I couldnt ask for a better group of guys to start a team with. I hope we continue this for many seasons to come.
Everyone leave us comments, we like to hear feedback!!!! 

OK on to the Videos!!! A lot of people tell us to work harder but we are old men who are out of shape. Yes we need to skate harder but I am happy that everyone is learning to stay more at home. The hustle will come , as soon as we can get rid of the vomit feeling an hour thru practice haha!!!

Kyle's Bomb!





Me trying to check Kyle, I missed but still took him down!!!



Please subscribe and Leave comments!!











No comments:

Post a Comment